There are so many great parts to Bethenny’s book Skinnygirl Solutions but one of our favorite is how the book closes – Bethenny leaves us with a list of her “mantras”, excerpted below from the book. Definitely screensaver-worthy.
1. This is not a dress rehearsal.
2. Do what you can.
3. Be your best.
4. Go for yours.
5. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
6. Don’t make it so important.
7. Don’t overthink it.
8. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
9. Just do it.
10. Just enjoy it.
11. Keep it moving.
12. Use it or lose it.
13. Always stop at a lemonade stand.
14. Never diet.
15. Never pay retail.
16. Clean out your closet.
20. Let yourself feel hurt.
21. Do the right thing.
22. Thank people.
23. Don’t beat yourself up.
24. Tell the truth.
26. Cherish your friends.
27. Enjoy a cocktail once in a while.
28. Have passion.
29. Have integrity, even when no one is looking.
30. Never let them see you sweat.
31. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
32. It’s the journey, not the destination.
33. Don’t get stuck in the mud and the minutiae.
34. Find the yes.
35. Get involved.
36. Don’t let good enough be good enough.
37. Use what you have.
38. Expect the unexpected.
39. Own it.
40. Go there.
41. Play your own game.
42. Live your own life.
Excerpt From: Bethenny Frankel. “Skinnygirl Solutions.” Simon & Schuster.
April 5, 2021
Bethenny Frankel is a self-made businessPERSON, TV producer, multiple New York Times bestselling author, and mother. Bethenny is the Founder & CEO of Skinnygirl, a lifestyle brand offering practical solutions to women.
Bethenny Frankel is a self-made businesswoman, TV producer, multiple New York Times bestselling author, and mother. Bethenny is the Founder & CEO of Skinnygirl, a lifestyle brand offering practical solutions to women.